Calling all Rafaello and Ferrero Rocher fans.. these rafaello dates are TO DIE FOR. If you’re looking for a healthy, high-protein snack, these are it! Refined sugar-free, gluten-free, and minimal ingredient.
If you’ve never had a rafaello, it’s a mix of coconut and almond and white chocolate.. so yummy! And Ferrero rockers were a crunchy hazelnut candy. So I mixed them together to get these! I wanted something that was super easy to make but SUPER satisfying!
What do you need to make the Rafaello Dates?
Protein Powder: You could always sub coconut flour or almond flour. I linked my favorite (I used their caramelized white chocolate flavor – amazing! Use the code “amb-dani” for a discount!)
Maple syrup: This will add a little sweetness to the recipe.
Hazelnut Butter: This Is what the filling is made with. You can alway sub another nut or seed butter but the hazelnut butter really creates such a unique flavor and makes them so similar to Ferrero rockers!
Toasted Coconut Flakes: Once you dip the dates, you’ll roll them in the coconut to create the crunchy coating.
White Chocolate: This is what the dates are rolled in after they’re stuffed.
How do you make the Rafaello Date?
- Pit the dates.
- Mix together the filling ingredients.
- Stuff the dates and freeze for a bit to firm up.
- Melt the white chocolate. Dip the dates.
- Roll in the toasted coconut.
- Return to the freezer to firm up.
What if I don’t like coconut or hazelnut?
I love stuffed dates because you can really make any flavor you like! Sometimes I’ll just add peanut butter to the center and drizzle melted chocolate over top. You can also stuff them with edible cookie dough and drizzle them in white chocolate or add peanut butter and a little jam to the center of them! The possibilities are really endless – have fun with it!
- 8 dates
- 1/3 cup hazelnut butter
- 2 tbsp protein powder **
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup white chocolate
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes
- Pit the dates.
- Mix together the protein powder, maple syrup, and hazelnut butter until a cookie dough texture forms.
- Stuff the dates & place them in the freezer to firm up for about 30 minutes.
- Add the toasted coconut to a small bowl. Melt the white chocolate.
- Dip the dates in the white chocolate and immediately roll in the coconut. Place on a lined cookie sheet and pop in the freezer to firm up for a few hours. Let them thaw a few minutes before enjoying.