This Pumpkin Pie Blizzard is such a fun spin on the classic Dairy Queen treat! This version is made vegan, higher in protein, and lower in sugar, to keep things more balanced. But don’t let that fool you – these are SO good. Especially with the little chunks.. dangerous!
**this post may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
Why you’ll love this Pumpkin pie Blizzard
These Dairy Queen pumpkin pie blizzards only take a few minutes to make.
They are full of healthy ingredients, fiber, and protein.
They make a great snack, but are perfect as a healthier dessert as well.
Pumpkin is chock-full of fiber and antioxidants that are great for hair, skin, and nails!
This version is free of dairy, refined sugars, and will keep you satiated from the protein!
Ingredients and substitutions
Make sure you use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
Protein powder doesn’t only add protein to the recipe, but it also adds to the thickness and flavor of the recipe, as well. Be sure to use one that you really love! I recommend Macro Mike (you can use the code “amb-dani” for a discount) , Sunwarrior, or Truvani.
Frozen banana makes this recipe really thick and creamy. If you don’t like banana, you can use more pumpkin puree or even frozen canned coconut milk cubes. To make these, just shake your can of coconut milk, fill your ice cube tray with it, and freeze.
Ground flax seeds offer fiber to the recipe, but you can leave them out or sub in chia seeds. (You can use code “Dani30” for 30% off any order).
Pumpkin pie spice ties the recipe all together and really gives that pumpkin pie flavor.
How to make a pumpkin pie blizzard
The night before: You’ll want to freeze your banana, coconut milk/cream, and pumpkin puree. I like to add each to an ice cube tray and just pop in the freezer to make it even easier.
First: If you want to add the pumpkin cookie dough bites to the recipe, you’ll start by making these. You just mix together the dough, roll into balls, then into a coconut sugar and cinnamon mixture, and place in the freezer until ready to use.
Next: You’ll want to add the pumpkin pie blizzard ingredients to the blender, blending until super smooth. You can taste and adjust at this point.
Then: You’ll layer your blizzards! You don’t have to, but I love adding a little layer of vanilla coconut yogurt in between the pumpkin ice cream and dough bites.
Last: You can top with coconut whipped cream and cinnamon. Enjoy!
How to serve and store
These pumpkin pie blizzards are best made and served straight away!
Other pumpkin recipes you will love!
Dairy Queen Pumpkin Pie Blizzard (Vegan)
- 1/2-1 banana, sliced & frozen (Use 1/2 for less banana flavor & add the maple syrup for sweeteness)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin purée, frozen into cubes
- 1/3 cup coconut cream, frozen into cubes *Solid part from canned coconut milk. See notes for subs
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 serving of your favorite vanilla protein powder *See notes
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp nut/seed butter *See notes
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- milk of choice, as needed
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 2 tbsp almond flour or oat flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or monk fruit
- 1-2 tbsp milk, as needed
- Mix everything together until dough forms. If your dough is too wet, add another tbsp or 2 of flour.
- Roll the dough into balls and place in the freezer until ready to use.
- Add everything to a high-powdered blender, blending until smooth, adding a little milk at a time. You want to use as little as possible to get that super thick consistency. Taste and adjust as you'd like!
- Pour the ice cream into your cup, layering with the optional coconut yogurt or whipped topping and dough bites. Enjoy!