These healthy no bake samoa cookies are a more wholesome take on the popular Girl Scouts Cookie! They come together with only five ingredients and only take a few minutes to make! You can enjoy Girl scouts cookie season all year long with these gluten free, vegan, & refined sugar free cookies!
Why you’ll love these no bake samoa cookies
- You don’t have to turn your oven on or worry about not baking them to perfection!
- They are packed full of flavor!
- Made with nourishing ingredients.
- They come together quickly!
- Perfect healthy snack or treat.
- They are sure to curb your sweet tooth!
How to make healthy no bake samoa cookies
- Almond butter: I love using GroundUp nut butter, as their flavors are SO good! Use code DANI15 for a discount!
- Chocolate: I like to use Hu Kitchen to keep things refined sugar free. You can use the code “danishealthyeats” for a discount!
- Maple syrup: This is optional! I only use one tablespoon in it!
- Toast the coconut: Simply toast the coconut in the oven by adding the coconut to a sheet pan and placing it in the oven at 325F for 8-10 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes so it doesn’t burn!
- Make the cookies: Add the dates and almond butter to a food processor, processing until smooth and no large chunks remain. Then add in the coconut, salt, vanilla, and maple, if using. Process another minute or so until well combined.
- Press the mixture into a mini donut pan (this is the easiest way to make them!). Place in the freezer to firm up.
- Once firm, add the chocolate to a bowl and melt until smooth. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Remove the cookies from the pan. Dip each one in the chocolate, just enough to cover the bottom and slightly up the sides. Drizzle some over top of the cookies.
- Return to the freezer.
The perfect pan/mold to use
I think using a silicone donut tin is the easiest method as it creates the perfect shape for you! You can use either a mini donut pan or standard donut pan. The silicone ones make the cookies very easy to remove!
How to store healthy samoa cookies
Store these in an air-tight container in the freezer! They are meant to be enjoyed straight from the freezer!
More no bake recipes to try
- Strawberry yogurt bites
- Caramel coffee frozen yogurt
- Strawberry cheesecake yogurt parfait
- Healthy vegan banana pudding
- Superfood chocolate bars
Healthy No Bake Samoa Cookies
- 1 cup packed, pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup coconut flakes, toasted
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup *totally optional! I recommend adding it if you like sweeter things!
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- If your dates aren't super soft, add them to a large bowl and pour enough super hot/almond boiling water over top of them to completely submerge them. Let them soak for 20-30 minutes. Drain the dates, then use.
- *Dont skip this step!* To taste the coconut, spread it out on a baking sheet. Place in the oven at 325F for 8-10 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes, until golden!
- Place the dates, almond butter, sea salt, and vanilla in a food processor. Process a minute or so until it becomes paste-like. You may need to stop and separate the mixture if it forms a ball while processing.
- Add the coconut in and process another few seconds until everything is well combined.
- Using a silicone donut pan, divide the dough amongst the pan, pressing into the molds firmly. Place in the freezer for 2 hours until completely firm.
- In a bowl, add the chocolate chips. Heat in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until completely smooth. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the cookies from the pan. Dip each one into the chocolate, enough to cover the bottom and up the sides a little. Then place on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle a little chocolate over top of each one. Then place the baking sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes until solid. Once the chocolate has firmed up, store cookies in an air-tight container in the freezer.