This healthy glazed lemon bread is so moist and delicious! It is refined sugar, grain, and gluten free and can be made vegan, while having the most incredible, moist texture. It is spring in a healthier dessert!
If there is a dessert table with something lemon on it, i’m choosing it. I am OBSESSED with lemon treats. I’ve been working on making a good lemon bread for so long now, I feel like i’ve made it 243472347 times at this point. But I finally found a combination that turns out amazing! It’s moist, it’s light and airy, it’s bursting with lemon flavor.
However, because of all the trail and error, I highly recommend against trying to substitute the flours. This combination is what yielded the best texture and I can’t gaurantee it’ll turn out if you do 🙁 I’ll work on a version that doesn’t contain almond flour for those who can’t consume it!
Ingredients you’ll need to make glazed lemon bread
Lemons: The star of the show!
Almond flour: Unfortunately, there’s no sub for the almond flour in this recipe as it gives the bread it’s light and fluffy texture.
Tapioca flour: This gives the bread a really nice texture. You can try substituting arrowroot flour if you have that instead!
Coconut flour: This absorbs some of the moisture in the recipe and adds to the sturdiness of the loaf.
Maple syrup: You can substitute honey or other sticky sweetener.
Coconut sugar: You can substitute monk fruit for a sugar-free option.
Avocado oil: You can substitute coconut oil, vegan butter, ghee, etc.
Powdered monk fruit sweetener: I use this as a sugar-free option for powdered sugar. However, you can use regular powdered sugar if you aren’t worried about the sugar content!
Egg: You can substitute a flax egg. Simply mix together 1 tbsp of ground flax seed with 2 1/2 tbsp of water in a small bowl. Let it sit to gel for 10-15 minutes. Then whisk into the wet ingredients.
Milk: I use almond milk, but any will work.
Vanilla & sea salt
How to make healthy glazed lemon bread
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour the wet ingredients into it. Mix together until combined.
- Pour into the baking pan and bake!
- Once cooled, top with the glaze.
How to store
You’ll want to store this bread in an air-tight container in the fridge. I like to warm pieces up before enjoying – so good!
More recipes you’ll love
Buckeye brownie Crumbl cookies
Healthy Glazed Lemon Loaf (Gluten free, Paleo)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or monk fruit
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1 egg or flax egg * see post for flax egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350f.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the went ingredients. Then add them to the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour the batter into a lined bread loaf pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden around the edges and firm to touch in the center. Let cool completely.
- To make the glaze, mix together the powdered sugar, lemon, and milk until you reach a glaze consistency. Drizzle over the loaf and enjoy!