These chia pudding nice cream jars make the perfect breakfast, snack, or dessert, when you can’t decide between chia pudding or nice cream. Combine the two to make the best of both worlds! These jars are packed full of healthy fats, fiber, and protein to keep you full all morning long!
Why you’ll love these chia nice cream jars
The flavors are endless: You’ll never get bored of breakfast again! You can add in thing like cacao powder, switch up the fruit you use, or add in some fun mix-ins!
Perfect chia pudding meal prep: Chia pudding makes a great nutrient-dense meal prep! You can make the chia pudding in your jars the night before, lessening the work you have to do in the morning! When ready to eat, just blend your nice cream and enjoy!
Tasty way to incorporate chia seeds into your diet: Chia seeds are incredible, nutrient-dense little powerhouses. They contain an impressive amount of fiber, brain-boosting omega-3’s, and even a little protein!
What is nice cream? Tips on making it.
Nice cream is just frozen fruit blended until it reaches an ice cream-like texture. The trick is to use as little liquid as possible, so it stays nice and thick. You can use any fruit/blend of fruit, but I typically like to add at least some banana to the mix as it creates an amazing texture and adds sweetness.
Add the fruit to the blender with a splash of milk. Blend, scrape down the sides, blend again. Add a splash more milk and repeat until you’ve reached a thick, creamy nice cream.
Ingredients for chia nice cream jars
Coconut milk: You can substitute any milk, but using canned coconut milk will yield the best results as it makes it extra thick and creamy.
Fruit: You can use any fruit you love! But I also recommend using at least some frozen banana mixed in as it’ll add sweetness and thickness to the recipe.
Protein powder: This is optional, but adds extra protein to the recipe which is incredibly important for satiation! I highly recommend Truvani (you can use code DANI for a discount!)
How to make chia pudding nice cream jars
- First you’ll make the chia pudding. You can do this the night before for best results. You’ll mix together the three ingredient chia pudding and pop it in the fridge. While it’s in the fridge, it’ll thicken up to a pudding-like texture.
- When ready to eat, simply blend the fruit you want to use for the nice cream. Read the tips above for tips on how to create the thickest nice cream.
- Pour the nice cream over the chia pudding. Top with your favorite crunchy toppings and enjoy!
More recipes you’ll love
Chia Pudding Nice Cream Jars
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk *see notes below for other options
- 2 tsp maple syrup or honey *can add more as needed
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen dragonfruit *or any fruit of choice
- 3 tbsp of your favorite protein powder *optional
- toppings, of choice
- If you don't like the texture of chia pudding, try blending all of the ingredients in a blender and then add to your jar. If you don't want to blend it, simply add all of the ingredients to a jar and mix well.
- Place the jar in the fridge overnight to allow it to thicken.
- When ready to eat, simply add your frozen fruit to a blender. Add a splash of milk and blend, scraping down the sides. Add another splash of milk, as needed. The trick is to use as little milk as possible to keep it super thick!
- Pour the nice cream over the chia pudding and top with any toppings you like. Enjoy!