These vegan birthday cake Twix bars are a fun spin on my classic Twix recipe. They have an almond cookie base, caramel filling, covered in a white chocolate sprinkle topping and are vegan, gluten free, and paleo friendly! With a little almond extract, mixed with the white chocolate and sprinkles, these are giving all the birthday cake flavor vibe!
Fun fact about me.. if i’m getting a dessert or treat and birthday cake is a flavor option, i’m 100% choosing it. It’s always been one of my favorites. I think it might be my slight obsession with almond extract – it’s just too good and combined with the white chocolate.. UGH. In love.
I plan on making these for our Easter celebrations this weekend as they’d be such a cute addition to the treat table!
Ingredients to make birthday cake twix bars
Maple syrup: You can sub honey or another sticky sweetener.
Cashew butter: You can substitute almond butter or sunflower seed butter for a nut-free option. I wouldn’t use peanut butter as the flavor is much stronger than cashew and almond and will alter the flavor of the bars.
White chocolate: I have a few brands I personally love.
-Refined sugar free AND vegan: Loving Earth and Evolved
-Vegan: Pascha is great.
-Rrefined sugar free, but still contains dairy: Lily’s and Bake Believe are awesome.
Sprinkles: I always opt for all natural sprinkles, as they don’t contain artificial dyes or nasties.
Lets make some twix bars
- Mix together the crust ingredients and press into a lined bread pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, mix together the filling ingredients. Once the base has cooled, spread the filling over it.
- Melt the white chocolate until smooth, then stir in the sprinkles. Pour over the filling, tilting the pan to ensure the white chocolate spreads out evenly. Top with a few extra sprinkles.
- Place the pan in the freezer for at least 2 hours, but preferably 4-6 hours, until fully set before cutting into bars.
Storing extra Bars
Store extras in the freezer. You can let them thaw a few minutes before enjoying for a softer texture, however they’re amazing straight from the freezer!
More twix recipes you’ll love
Vegan Birthday Cake Twix Bars (Paleo, Gluten free)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp each almond extract + vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups white chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4-1/3 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a small 6×6 dish with parchment paper. You can also use a bread loaf pan but your bars will be thinner. You may need to double the recipe.
- Combine the base ingredients until dough forms. Press into the lined baking dish. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden around the edges. Let cool completely.
- Mix together the filling ingredients in a small bowl. When the crust is cooled, spread the filling over it.
- In another small bowl, melt the white chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth. Then stir in the sprinkles. Pour the white chocolate over the filling, tilting the pan to ensure it covers the entire filling.
- Place in the freezer for 2-4 hours, before cutting into bars. Store in the freezer in an air-tight container.