Healthy Vegan Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino
If you're a fan of the popular Starbucks drink, you have to try this healthier, high protein version of the Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino! It is vegan, gluten free, and made with whole food ingredients and all the fall flavor you love!
- 1/4 cup frozen pumpkin puree
- 1/2-1 frozen banana *See Notes for subs
- 1 - 1 1/4 cups plant-based milk
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder
- 1-2 tbsp cashew butter **See Notes
- 1-2 tbsp ground flax seeds (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup or 2 dates, if not using banana ***See notes
- 1 1/2-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk Refrigerated
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
The Night before: Add the pumpkin purée to an ice cube tray & place in the freezer, to form pumpkin cubes. I also do this with canned coconut milk, to make the drink extra thick and creamy, but this is totally optional.
*If you don't want to use banana, you can sub in frozen coconut milk cubes (or other plant based milk cubes). This will help the drink be super thick and creamy.
**You can sub any nut or seed butter for the cashew! I would just advise not using peanut butter as that alters the taste of the drink.
***If you aren't using banana in the recipe, I'd suggest adding a little maple syrup, honey, or 2 chopped dates. This will help add some sweetness to the recipe, but is also totally optional if your protein powder is sweet!