Everyone loves some edible cookie dough! This edible pecan cookie dough is absolutely delicious, vegan, refined sugar-free, and makes a great healthy treat!
Cookies or cookie dough!? I’m usually a baked cookie kind of girl but this edible cookie dough is so so so yummy, I don’t even care to bake it lol. This recipe is a great “base” too, because if you’re not a chocolate chip pecan fan, you can just add in all your favorite cookie mix-ins!
Can you bake the cookie dough?
I wouldn’t recommend baking this cookie dough. I have tons of other baked cookie recipes that you should try baking! This recipe was specifically created to be edible in it’s raw form, so I recommend keeping it that way as I don’t think it would turn out baked!
What other flavors can you make?
- Try dipping them in chocolate for chocolate covered cookie dough!
- Sub half of the coconut oil for peanut butter for peanut butter cookie dough bites.
- Roll the balls in a cinnamon sugar mixture for snickerdoodle cookie dough.
What do you need to make edible pecan cookie dough?
- almond flour: I havn’t tested any subs.
- protein powder or coconut flour: Either will work but I highly recommend using a protein powder that you love as it’ll add even more flavor to the recipe!
- coconut oil: You can sub any oil or butter/ghee.
- monkfruit or coconut sugar: Either works! Monk fruit is a great lower sugar option.
- chocolate chips: I always recommend Hu Kitchen! You can use “danihealthyeats” for a discount.
- chopped pecans: Or any other add-ins you want!
How do you make the cookie dough?
- Mix together the cookie dough ingredients.
- Stir in the mix-ins.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto lined cookie sheet. Freeze.
How to store the cookie dough:
Store them in an air-tight container in the freezer. Let thaw a few minutes before enjoying!
Edible Pecan Cookie Dough
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp protein powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp monk fruit or coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1-3 tbsp plant milk
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup pecans chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon optional
- pinch of sea salt
- Combine all ingredients until dough forms. Taste and adjust the texture/sweetness as needed!
- Stir in your mix-ins of choice! Drop by spoonfuls onto a lined cookie sheet and place in the freezer to firm up. Enjoy!